Extended Slide Lock Lever fits all Glock Gen 1 to Gen 4 models. (Does not fit Gen 5, G36 G42 G43) Also fits S&W SD9 VE and SD40 VE
Unlike most after market extended slide lock levers that only extended in width, this Magloc extended slide lock also extended in height by 0.112” (3.10mm) from the original height of 0.184” (4.65mm). That is an increase of the contact area by 66%, making unlocking the slide much easier.
1. Plate stamping and polished as the original slide lock – strong and durable.
2. Fits all Gen 1 to Gen 4 models: G17, 17L, 18, 19, 20, 20SF, 21, 21SF, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 29SF, 30, 30SF, 30S, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41. Also fits S&W SD9 VE and SD40 VE
***Does not fit slim line G36, G42, G43***
3. Width of original slide lock – 1.122” (28.47mm); Magloc extended slide lock – 1.217” (30.95mm). Extended by 0.095” (2.48mm)
4. Height of original slide lock – 0.184” (4.65mm); Magloc extended slide lock – 0.296” (7.75mm). Extended by 0.112” (3.10mm) 66% more.
5. Thickness of original slide lock – 0.077” (1.95mm); Magloc extended slide lock – 0.075” (1.91mm). Thinner by 0.002” (0.04mm)
6.Weight of original slide lock – 0.09 oz (2.5 gm); Magloc extended slide lock – 0.09 oz” (2.6 gm). Heavier by 0.1 gm.
As the part is plate stamped and polished smooth, each lock plate can have a + or – 3% differences in dimensions.
Installation: (can be found on youtube)
Please wear proper eye protection and make sure the gun is not loaded. Please have a qualified gunsmith to do the work for you if you are not comfortable with the following installation procedures.
1. Separated the slide from the frame as per instruction from the Glock manual.
2. Use a small screw driver to press down the “slide lock spring (part # 20)” and push the “slide lock (part # 21)” with your finder nail to either side of the frame.
3. Pull the “slide lock (part # 21)” completely out of the frame.
4. Install the “Magloc extended slide lock” in the reverse order. The flat side with a channel should face the shooter (opposite direction of the muzzle).
Note: The “Magloc extended slide lock” extended out 0.031” (0.8mm) from both sides of the frame (about the width of one credit card on either side). This extension might create resistance in drawing the pistol from the holster and some minor holster wear. Please test fire and get use to this new modification.
Warning: After installation, test fire your pistol in various shooting position and making sure that your pistol functions as expected.